Halloween: an evening filled with creative costumes, scary stories, and tasty treats! Though while the holiday is an exciting one, it also has a reputation for being ominous and unsafe. So, before you hit the neighborhood trick-or-treating, make sure you’ve considered the following precautions (courtesy Halloween-Safety.com):
- Try trick-or-treating during daylight hours and limiting your time in the dark of night.
- Don’t let children go out alone. Make sure an adult is with them.
- Plan a safe route and stick to it. This includes:
- Not cutting through back alleys, fields, etc.
- Staying in well-lit and well-populated areas
- Stopping only at familiar houses in your own neighborhood
- Never entering a stranger’s home
- Carry an LED flashlight for increased visibility during the evening.
- And, of course, do not to eat any treats if they are unwrapped or look suspicious.
As I mentioned earlier, Halloween can be an exciting holiday, especially for young trick-or-treaters. Just be sure, like for anything else, to exercise caution and safety tonight.
Happy Halloween from Coast!