Coast recently published an article called Simple Green Camping Tips in which they offer a number of great ideas to simplify — and “greenify” — your camping experience. Here’s a quick overview of what they recommend:
- Bring a Tent, Not an RV. Just think of the savings on power, fuel, and water…
- Pack Biodegradable. Specifically, find soaps and sanitizers that are safe for local wildlife and their habitats.
- Pack Reusable. Planning on using styrofoam or paper products? Don’t. Pack the real plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- LED Lights. LEDs are the innovation to beat these days. Brighter beams, longer life, and green, green, green.
- Leave No Trace. In other words, treat your campsite like you would a neighbor’s home — leave it better than how you found it.
Read the article for more great tips and information. Also, be sure to check out more camping tips here on our blog and the many other helpful articles at our main site.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!