Over the past several years, a disturbing number of corporations have been slammed for their bad corporate and environmental practices. As people start to understand the benefits of going green, they become increasingly critical of companies that do not take the same care for our environment and the future of the world into their corporate culture. There are companies that not only gain financially by developing environmentally friendly products, they also feel responsible for ensuring their corporate practices reflect a positive commitment to the earth. Nichia is such a company.
Nichia, an LED lighting technology manufacturer, has taken it upon itself to post their Environmental Policy for the world to read and understand. By doing so, they show their customers that making money for them means making environmentally-friendly products through the appropriate corporate practices.
Below is an excerpt of the company’s policy, posted in April 2007 by Nichia Corporation President, Eiji Ogawa:
1. Each and every employee of the Nichia Group is committed to creating and developing products that are unrivaled in quality in all of our business activities (Mainly designing, manufacturing and sales of Opto-Semiconductor and functional materials) under our unified philosophy of ”Caring for the environment”.
(1) Development of quality-based, environmentally cared products
(2) Promotion of resource and energy saving
(3) Waste reduction
(4) Prevention and reduction of chemical pollution
(5) Promotion of a greener environment
Read the complete Nichia Environmental Policy.