ToolSkool recently interviewed COAST Products owner David Brands about the Coast 2-LED Pro Pocket Pliers, as seen in this video. Why would ToolSkool writer Brad Staggs be so interested in this particular set of pliers? Well, because we pulled off quite the feat with this new product: The 2-LED Pro Pocket pliers won a prestigious Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice Award at the National Hardware Show this year at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Popular Mechanics chose the 2-LED Pro Pocket Pliers for their innovative features, some of which owner David Brands lists in this video. Of the thousands of products featured at the National Hardware Show, Popular Mechanics chose just 16 to honor with the Editor’s Choice Award.
In this ToolSkool interview, David touches on some of the obvious advantages of the 2-LED Pro Pocket Pliers multi-tool (COAST Products model #C5899), such as built-in LED lights and spring-loaded handles. Here are a few more details about this multi-tool:
- Stainless steel construction, so you know your 2-LED Pro Pocket Pliers will last a long time.
- Sure-grip rubber handle inlays, so you’ll never have to worry about this multi-tool slipping out of your hand at exactly the worst moment. The 2-LED Pro Pocket Pliers are very ergonomic.
- Attachments accessible on the outside of the wire-cutting pliers include scissors, a bottle opener, small and medium slotted screwdriver tips, and a Phillips screwdriver tip.
- LED lights that require 2 CR1616 batteries and run for 10-15 hours
- Four inches in length when closed, meaning you won’t have problems fitting this multi-tool into your tool belt or pocket.
Most consumers will probably appreciate the LEDs in these pliers. It’s unusual to find such a game-changing feature in a product that retails for less than $50. The LED lights make it a cinch to work under sinks, in basements and under the hood of your car.